Thursday, April 23, 2015

Flipping Dragoncon (133 days to go)

I'm starting a personal challenge to flip my way to Dragoncon this year. What does that mean exactly? I plan to buy junk from thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, or craigslist and then sell it or trade it for better stuff which will ultimately get me to Dragoncon. I've seen other blogs or message board threads of doing something similar to flip up to a sweet Transformer, electronic gadget, or special sports card of some kind. I plan to do the same thing but I'm aiming higher than most. My plan is to buy/sell/trade for me and my wife's air fare and hotel room at Dragoncon 2015.

I've been thinking of trying this challenge for quite some time but I've never gotten around to documenting my progress. Truth be told, I'm a hoarder of epic proportions and so the bigger challenge might not be to raise the money but to find the space in my house for the horde.

133 days is not a lot of time to get this done and so I'm starting tomorrow. I'm giving myself $20 to spend on random junk. I don't want to keep anything for more than 2 weeks since the pile of stuff will accumulate fairly quickly. If I don't sell or trade something within 2 weeks then I plan to donate it back to the junk store. There will be exceptions to the rule in the event that I run into a big collection of good stuff. In that case I'll milk it for all it's worth before my wife tells me to get it out of the garage :)


No comments:

Post a Comment