Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lowrider Magazine Collection

First issue from January 1977
May 1979





















I'm always on the lookout for awesome collections. A couple weeks ago I found a post on Craigslist for a collection of Lowrider magazines going back to the 80's until the 2000's. I'm not a car guy but I recognize that Lowrider magazine is really a history book documenting the lowrider scene from the 70's into modern day. Some of the early issues from the 70's and early 80's bring in a big price in the collectible market, much higher prices than I would expect. I've done some reading on this and think some of the reason is that people literally want to see pictures of their old cars and their friends cars.



1979 Issues look like they just came from the newsstand
Yesterday I met up with the guy with the collection. It turns out that he's been buying Lowrider since the 70's and is missing only a few issues. The books are in amazing condition. In fact, they look like they could have been bought from a newsstand just yesterday! I'm now the proud of owner of around 150 pounds of Lowrider magazine and I couldn't be more pleased. I've found a few things in my life that I simply can't part with. It might not be stuff that directly relates to my interests but sometimes it's just so outstanding that I can't let it go. I'm afraid the first few years of Lowrider will fall into the 'Not for Sale' category in my collection. I'll part with 1991 - 2013 though. That's 100 extra pounds that I don't need to be carrying around with me.

Bum Fodder / Fire Kindling



No comments:

Post a Comment